HaveUHeard.com includes links to third-party websites and advertisements for third-party products and services. Product and service-specific opinions mentioned within the content of our blogs are entirely the opinions of the HaveUHeard.com team and its staff. It is our hope that you will find value in the products and services these third-party organizations represent, and patronize these businesses. Such advertising and marketing partnerships help make our efforts at HaveUHeard.com possible. Thank you for your support and ongoing interest. For additional information, please read our full HaveUHeard.com Disclosure Statement
Have Some Halloween Fun!
When my daughter left for college, I sent her a Halloween care package. It was nothing fancy; just some dollar store decorations and candy for her to share with her roommates. This year’s Halloween will be a little different but that does not mean you can’t send your student some Halloween fun. If you are creative, Pinterest has some great themed care package suggestions. Some sayings you can put inside include:
- I Miss You Boo (with a ghost)
- No tricks – just treats!
- Hey Pumpkin, you deserve this
- Going batty without you
Or, purchase a Halloween care package sticker kit to help make your packages more personal! Dress up your box flaps quickly and easily on the inside. Each kit comes with 4 large adjustable stickers designed to fit a USPS Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box. Please note the kit DOES NOT include the actual box, only the stickers. The stickers can also be easily trimmed to fit a USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box and work for some UPS boxes – or use your own box!
And if your student is planning on heading out for Halloween, why not send them a Halloween-themed face mask?
Well… you get the point. Order these well in advance. Not a DIY’er? We’ve taken the guesswork out of what to send and went right to the source… our interns. They may be adults but they are still not too old for a good, old-fashioned Halloween gift.
Candy – of course!
That goes without saying, but some were quite specific including Reese’s pumpkin cups, fruit snacks, gummy bears, jumbo candy bars (because the regular size ones are not enough), just a mixture of candy. You can put it together yourself and send it via FedEx/UPS a few days out from Halloween. We always recommend Target or Party City as they have your traditional candies, as well as Halloween, themed Oreos, and novelties.
If you’d rather not send a box of candy – try our friends at Dirty Cookie. They send an assorted pack of their cookie shots including chocolate chip, double chocolate, black velvet, and churro, all decorated with Halloween sprinkles and edible Halloween images. Fill your shot with milk, coffee, ice cream, or alcohol (21+), and enjoy! Our mouths are watering just thinking about how delicious it sounds.
- Cookies by Design– choose from their many Halloween cookie baskets. Even better, get the Halloween Decorating Kit and they can have a fun activity to do with their roommates. Happy Haunting!
- The Dirty Cookie – Have you seen the famous cookie shots? If not, think of a cookie, but shaped in the form of a shot glass. You can fill it with milk, coffee, ice cream, or alcohol (21+), and you can pick a cookie shot in several different flavors! Try their Halloween Cookie Shot Arrangement to their DIY Cookie Shot Decorating Kit, and use code HUH15 for 15% off your purchase and enjoy it!
- Edible Arrangements -From Halloween-shaped options like ghost-shaped pineapples, bats, and cats to chocolate Dipped™ apple donuts decorated like pumpkins, Edible Arrangements® offers a variety of festive gifts to get anyone in the Halloween spirit.
- Halloween Belgian Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Oreos & Pretzels
- Halloween Boo-Kay (get 20% off)
- Wicked Good Cupcakes– Nothing says fall like pie. These adorable and out of this world delicious pie jars are baked fresh and ready to ship. Choose from apple, blueberry, cherry, and more. I love their pumpkin spice, caramel apple streusel, and chocolate pumpkin. Use promo code GOBBLE15 for 15% off your next order.
- Candy apples – I remember making these as a kid (boy did we get sticky) but we did not have the variety that is available today. Try these gourmet caramel apples from Etsy shop BigBear Chocolates.
- Mrs. Fields – This brings back memories of going to the food court at the mall and ordering piping hot, melt-in-your-mouth cookies. Try their Halloween cookie cakes, nibblers and chocolate-covered berries and nibblers
Maybe your student isn’t into candy but is into…
ALL. THINGS. PUMPKIN.
Is this season still called Fall/Autumn, or is it just now referred to as Pumpkin Spice season? We love all things pumpkin spice, whether those are cookies, cupcakes, or coffee… you name it, we try it. Yes, that’s right, we said ALL things pumpkin.
- Halloween coffee mug and coffee for a morning pick me up.
- Or Pumpkin spice essential oils, bath bomb, sugar scrub, and body butter, Pumpkin, or fall scented candles for an evening wind-down!
- Greetabl – We love these small little boxes that you get to fill with something small, thoughtful, and personalized. And, they have not forgotten about Halloween. Add in a card, and throw in all the spooky items of your choice! They have items from candy to candles to home décor – and your final price is based on the number of items you choose!
- Lovepop – Maybe if you just want to send a card, make it 3D. Choose from Tim Burton’s Hocus Pocus I Put A Spell On You Pop Up Card to Disney’s Haunted Mansion as well as an assortment of ghosts, skulls, and black cats & bats.
AND if you’re looking to help them get in the Halloween spirit – think Halloween décor! Being festive is always a hit at school – so think of sending items such as Halloween twinkle lights, spider webs, caution tape, and door cover.
Happy Halloween from HaveUHeard
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.