HaveUHeard.com includes links to third-party websites and advertisements for third-party products and services. Product and service-specific opinions mentioned within the content of our blogs are entirely the opinions of the HaveUHeard.com team and its staff. It is our hope that you will find value in the products and services these third-party organizations represent, and patronize these businesses. Such advertising and marketing partnerships help make our efforts at HaveUHeard.com possible. Thank you for your support and ongoing interest. For additional information, please read our full HaveUHeard.com Disclosure Statement
Who doesn’t enjoy getting a care package delivered?
We know you really care, you care a lot about your student and want them to be happy. Whether it is for a birthday, a little something to ease the stress of midterms or finals, a pick me up when they are feeling sick, holiday treats, or congratulations on a job well done; there are many options that will surely bring a smile to your student’s face. Sometimes it is nice to go with the local shops; most all deliver. Then again, there are some excellent national choices too. We have given you plenty to choose from– all of which our kids, interns, or we like. All you have to do now is decide what to send. There is variety there too. For instance; if you are looking for sweets (and who isn’t?) for a birthday, pick me up, Halloween, Valentine’s Day, religious holidays, or just because…
Where to start? A great parting care package gift that you can leave in their room or send as a package is this package of Open When College Pack envelopes. We suggest filling them with either a message, picture, or gift cards purchased in advance but we love the messages. When you take your first big test, when you’re sick, when you’re tired of dorm food, and more.
Note: GF or V indicates gluten-free and vegan are available.
PHOTO BY @LVSBAKERY
Locally we recommend
- Artistic Confections– Specializing in birthday cakes, gourmet cupcakes, cookies and, pastries
- Babykakes by M&J – Creates one of a kind desserts and confections.
- Insomnia Cookies – Delivers the most amazing cupcakes (12 cupcakes for $20, plus a delivery fee). Who wouldn’t appreciate a cookie cake or cupcakes on their birthday?
- LV’s Bakery You can order decorated sugar cookies, cookie cakes, and custom signature cakes.
- Publix – You can order a cake, balloons, and more and have it delivered through Instacart or Shipt.
- SoDough – This baking company serves up brown butter chocolate chip cookies, confetti crunch cookies, pies, energy bites, and their specialty doughnuts.
- Tasty Pastry – Custom cakes, bagels, pastries, cupcakes.
- The Cake Shop – specializes in creative cupcakes, cookies, and custom cakes. You can have them delivered through GrubHub.
- Tiniest Empire – Specializes in cupcakes, cookies, and cakes for all occasions. No job is too tiny!
National and delicious options include
- Bake Me A Wish. If you’re looking for a full catalog of desserts to choose from, this is where you should start! Bake Me a Wish has cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookies, and more – all for a reasonable price! Plus, you can personalize your selection with any message you wish. GF
- Baked by Melissa – If you’ve ever been to New York, you know the name Baked by Melissa. These are tiny cupcakes that come in assorted flavors including cookie dough, red velvet, brownie, and more! You can get a box of 25 or up to 100 and send it directly to your student for any occasion! These are available for purchase through their website or on Amazon. Trust us, these are always a hit and they taste delicious! GF, V
- Debbie’s Doodle’s Cookie Company – They ship from South Florida right to your student and offer delicious, homemade chocolate-chip and brown sugar butter cookies. They come delivered in dry ice and then a birthday box with a card. From the presentation to the cake itself, it was seamless and delicious.
- Milk Bar Store – Don’t be fooled by the company name – Milk Bar offers some of the best cakes we’ve ever tasted! Think a Funfetti boxed cake that your student likely baked from time to time, but SO much better! They also have cookies, truffles, and pies – and anything you choose is going to have you eating the whole thing, it’s THAT good! GF
- The Dirty Cookie – Have you seen the famous cookie shots? If not, think of a cookie, but shaped in the form of a shot glass. You can fill it with milk, coffee, ice cream, or alcohol (21+), and you can pick a cookie shot in several different flavors! Is there a better way to celebrate your birthday, the end of an exam, or just making it through another week of quarantine? The answer is, OF COURSE NOT! Use code HUH15 for 15% off your purchase and enjoy it! GF
- Wicked Good Cupcakes – GF Our personal favorite is the Wicked Good Cupcakes Birthday Box. I sent these to my daughter last year and she loved them. Just make sure you get enough for their roommates. If we’re going by the name, you know these are going to be wicked good! These desserts come in a festive box filled with cupcakes in a small jar, plus birthday décor and candles if they’re celebrating a birthday. You can pick different sized boxes based on your budget. Plus, these last for at least 10 days without being refrigerated or your student can freeze them for up to 6 months (even though we know they’ll be devoured as soon as they open the box).
- Edible Arrangements If you are thinking something more along the lines of fresh fruit (and because who doesn’t like sweets, said no one ever), then Edible Arrangements is the way to go. From their traditional fruit bouquets to their fruit platters, the best gifts are Edible.® They even have strawberries dipped in cake batter and rolled in mini sequin sprinkles, miniature cakes made with fresh pineapple and dipped in white chocolate or you can create your own box.
They will think this is sweet too…
- Drizly – For students who are 21+ then parents can order any type of alcohol, mixer, and even energy drinks
Flowers and Plants
Maybe flowers (or a cool plant) are something your Birthday Nole would prefer. Even better, combine balloons with flowers! Many florists – like most of these – deliver balloons as well. Locally we like:
- A Country Rose Florist and Gifts 850-877-8294
- Elinor Doyle Florist 850-222-1298
- England’s Florist & Gift Baskets 850-877-8294
- Hilly Fields Florist & Gifts 850-656-2118
- Oak Studio Florals 850-755-2727
- Sandra’s Flower Basket 850-878-1811
Nationally, here are some of our tried and true favorites
- Bouqs – These beautiful flowers come from eco-friendly farms that use sustainable growing practices, which means longer lasting flowers and no middlemen. You can buy individually or start a subscription.
- Balloons are always fun. Many florists will attach balloons to an arrangement or send a bouquet of balloons separately. Locally you can get them from…
- Gifted Baskets Balloons & Candy – you can even meet with a balloon decor artist who will design something special for you.
- Party City
- Tallahassee Balloons 850-567-8084
Nationally these places send great balloons too:
Yes, Soup For You!
Soup can be nice when they’re feeling under the weather. Locally, you can get soup sent from:
There are also national options
If there is a favorite restaurant or grocery store that your student would be oh-so-happy to receive a special delivery from, you should check out our Deliveries blog. You’ll find some great local places and delivery options.
More Care Gift Ideas
We understand that there are other things that are nice to receive other than food and flowers. One of my daughter’s favorites was when I sent her the comfiest sweats she ever owned. (Yes, I too now have a set or two.)
- Have you ever slipped into Lou & Gray sweatsuit? It’s perfect study-for-exams attire. Here are some other national companies that have some great options to bring a smile to your student’s face.
- Cameo.com – This is a really fun way to indulge your celebrity-obsessed friends. Arrange for a personalized message from their favorite celebrity, whether it’s an actor, athlete, musician, reality tv star, or creator. You can arrange for them to get a personalized message from their favorite person. Depending on the person, prices vary.
- Darden Restaurant e-gift card or a physical card – Olive Garden, Yard House, Cheddar’s, Bahama Breeze, Longhorn Steakhouse, and Red Lobster
- Greetabl – This is great when you want to send something small, thoughtful, and personalized.
- Knackshops– They offer some great college care packages or you can make your own.
- Lovepop – don’t forget the card. They have some really fun cards for birthdays, Halloween, Get Well, Graduation, and Just Because. They even have sticker pops and gift tag pops.
- Mouth – great for care packages for birthdays, wellness in a box, get better, exams
Care about it! Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.