Check out these Owl Things to Do
If you have decided you want to be an Owl, congratulations! Welcome to the University where there is football in paradise. All Owls will tell you there are some “must-dos” at FAU before graduation. Exploring all of what FAU and Boca Raton have to offer will make your time at FAU that much better. Check out our Bucket List for some popular must-dos.
The Offical Bucket
- See a Movie at Living Room Theaters- Living Room Theaters is an upscale movie theater on campus showing current popular and indie films. They also show classic films. Enjoy a movie with lunch, dinner, dessert, and drinks; all available at student discounted rates.
- Enjoy a Beer at the Burrow- The Burrow is FAU’s on-campus sports bar. It’s a right of passage to enjoy a beer here once an Owl turns 21.
- Walk the Tortuga Trail- Check out Florida’s natural landscape and wildlife right in our backyard. More information on the Tortuga Trail.
- FAU Football Game and Tailgate- While I can almost guarantee it will be hot; FAU football games are where the best memories are made. There is school spirit at every turn and always a chance to take a picture with Owlsley himself.
- Visit the Beach – FAU is surrounded by some of South Florida’s nicest beaches
- Attending the Homecoming Bonfire- Most Owls will tell you that the bonfire and concert are what made them feel at home at FAU.
- Participate in Owlthon (Dance Marathon) – Have fun while raising money for an amazing cause.
- Mizner Park- Mizner Park is home to several restaurants, boutiques, and event spaces. Students enjoy stopping by to do some shopping or grab an ice cream. Make sure to visit during the holidays or when a festival is being held. You don’t want to miss the Christmas lights.
- See a concert or show at Mizner Amphitheatre.
- Visit Gumbo Limbo Nature- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center is home to a Boardwalk, tropical fish, and the home of a Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Center. FAU maintains a research center at Gumbo Limbo. Pay a visit to the Sea Turtles and enjoy a walk on the coastal boardwalk before a day at the beach.
Once you complete all of these, you will officially be a lifelong Owl!
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.