“Brunch is breakfast without an alarm.” — Unknown
While there are so many options for brunch in this small Midwestern town, these are just a few of the noted favorites. A majority of the restaurants are independently owned offering fresh ingredients from local vendors. Don’t forget weekend events can prompt long waits, call ahead for reservations.
- Bedrak Cafe – This a local modern American “brunchenette” and juicery on South Walnut Street in downtown Bloomington. With an extensive menu of moderately priced items including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options.
- B Town Diner – Located on North Walnut Street, this diner is known for its “home cookin”. A no-frills eatery with a large menu offering something for everyone from Vegan Hippy Mash to Stuffed French Toast, all at the right price.
- Farm Bloomington – The eclectic farmhouse decor was what drew my daughter and me into this creative farm to table restaurant located on Kirkwood. Brunch is Saturday and Sunday 10-3. The Southern Indiana Buttermilk Biscuit Basket with house-made apple butter, strawberry rhubarb, and peach lavender jam is a nice way to start the meal.
- Feast Market & Cellar – Located on West Patterson this restaurant offers brunch Saturday from 9-4 and Sunday 9-2. The Breakfast Charcuterie Board, which is big enough for two, alongside hand-pulled espresso shots or a flight of mimosa is a delicious way to start the day.
- Runcible Spoon Cafe – This Bloomington original is located on East 6th Street and provides a cozy hideaway to enjoy an extensive list of brunch options from vegan specialties to steak and home fries.
- Southern Stone – While this restaurant is located a bit off campus on Patterson Drive it will satisfy your southern food cravings. Fried green tomatoes and shrimp and grits are noted favorites. My daughter loves the weekend brunch for a special celebration. Don’t let the recent name change from Sweet Grass to Southern Stone deter you.
- Uptown Cafe – This slightly upscale restaurant located on East Kirkwood Avenue is known for its extensive menu of “hearty breakfasts”. Decadent cottage cheese pancakes with blueberries and creme brulee french toast are noted favorites.
- Village Deli – This cozy, casual diner is located on Kirkwood Avenue and offers a large array of breakfast options all day long. Their house-made granola and enormous pancakes are some of the house favorites. Repeatedly a student favorite.
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.