HaveUHeard.com includes links to third-party websites and advertisements for third-party products and services. Product and service-specific opinions mentioned within the content of our blogs are entirely the opinions of the HaveUHeard.com team and its staff. It is our hope that you will find value in the products and services these third-party organizations represent, and patronize these businesses. Such advertising and marketing partnerships help make our efforts at HaveUHeard.com possible. Thank you for your support and ongoing interest. For additional information, please read our full HaveUHeard.com Disclosure Statement
Delivery, It Is So Easy!
When I was in college, the only delivery available was pizza delivery. Getting a five-dollar pizza delivered right to my dorm was so satisfying and easy. Today, you really don’t even have to leave your dorm or apartment to get a good meal. Food delivery has become a huge business and for college students, it couldn’t be easier. Here are some of the delivery services that we have found and what they deliver and how they work.
- Bite Squad – With Bite Squad, you put in where you are, what you are interested in, and the local options with come up. Booking fees are listed with each restaurant and you can schedule your delivery for any time of day.
- DoorDash – This is the same concept as UberEats and Postmates. They have an easy app that guides you through your order. They have also launched Project Dash. This initiative helps tackle food waste and hunger in the local communities that they serve.
- Eat24 – This is powered by GrubHub and is super easy to navigate. Just type your address in the search and they will show you restaurants currently delivering to your area. There can be a minimum amount spent, depending on the restaurant.
- GoPuff – They will do a fast delivery for a variety of items for a fee of $1.95. Can order anything from groceries, over the counter care products, home essentials, personal care, and even pet supplies through their app.
- GrubHub – Simply browse menus, pick what you want, and submit your order. Local suggestions are great and most deliveries are around $3. They run specials if you sign up for their emails, so get that setup.
- Instacart – This delivery service is easy and fast. They deliver groceries and other things from many different stores including Publix, Whole Foods, Costco, and CVS. Log in with your location to see the list of stores available.
- Mobile Meals – Delivery from many USF area restaurants. Their mobile app makes things easy and most deliveries are $3.99. Simply pick a restaurant from their list, tell them where you are, order, and wait for your food to be delivered. They have a chat option if you would like help with suggestions and clarification of your order as well.
- Panera & Chipotle now deliver as well.
- Publix – The first delivery is on them, so sign up. It is online shopping, convenient, and easy for those that don’t or can’t get to the grocery store.
- Shipt – Get 2 weeks free and $15 off your first order on deliveries from stores like Publix, Costco, Target, and ABC Fine Wines & Spirits. Let their shoppers do what your student doesn’t have time to. Work for Shipt and you get paid to shop for others.
- UberEats – This is the same concept as Uber, but they deliver food. The app is easy and you can track your order, from when it is being prepared, to when your driver has your food and is on their way. You can leave your tip on the app as well. Fees vary depending on location and restaurant but they are listed when you order. They even deliver from ice cream shops!
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.