HaveUHeard.com includes links to third-party websites and advertisements for third-party products and services. Product and service-specific opinions mentioned within the content of our blogs are entirely the opinions of the HaveUHeard.com team and its staff. It is our hope that you will find value in the products and services these third-party organizations represent, and patronize these businesses. Such advertising and marketing partnerships help make our efforts at HaveUHeard.com possible. Thank you for your support and ongoing interest. For additional information, please read our full HaveUHeard.com Disclosure Statement
Trick or Treat
Halloween is the first holiday that your student will encounter since leaving home. With their new status as adults, the holiday takes on a different meaning. When I was at USF, it meant a night to go to a party and dress up. So many organizations, fraternities, and sororities hold parties and, as you can imagine, some are just good old fun, and others are pretty outrageous.
Many of us grew up in a household where Halloween was observed by carving pumpkins, putting up some decorations, making our own costumes, and trick or treating throughout our neighborhood. We ran in packs, sometimes without parents, and came back when we were done. With our own children, we never left them alone, watched for cars, and checked their candy (and even snuck some too). Now, they are on their own to have fun and start their own Halloween traditions.
Send a Little Halloween Love by checking out our Halloween gift guide. Don’t wait until the last minute so you can avoid hefty shipping prices.
Now for Some Fun!
Of course, there are the every popular and Instagrammable Pumpkin Patches – Check out the one at Tampa Bay Farmer’s Market on Fletcher Avenue, and Gallagher’s Pumpkins and Christmas Trees (too early for Christmas but they’ve got pumpkins)
- Hyde Park Pumpkin Patch: Open October 1st to the 31st with social distancing. This year, proceeds from the Pumpkin Patch benefit the Humane Society. 1509 Swann Ave, Tampa, FL 33606
- Howl-O-Scream: Participate in a unique experience at Busch Gardens with scare zones, thrill rides, and shows from September 25th to November 1st. Purchase tickets in advance.
- Riverwalk Halloween Hunt: A family-friendly not-too-spooky virtual scavenger hunt along the Tampa Riverwalk from October 17th-November 1st. You can participate by yourself or in a team to compete to be the HalloWinner by solving riddles, puzzles, tasks, and exploring the outdoor Riverwalk. 600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
- Haunted Wharf: Participate in an interactive spooktacular maze on the waterside wharf featuring photo ops and haunted visitors roaming the area from October 15th-17th. Tickets must be purchased in advance for $10. 615 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
- Halloween Light Show: Watch thousands of lights flashing to your favorite Halloween tunes on October 23rd from 8-8:30 p.m. 4412 W Sylvan Ramble St, Tampa, FL 33609
- Halloween Boat Parade: Watch decorated boats full of lights and costumes across the Tampa Riverwalk on October 24th from 7-9 p.m. 600 N Ashley Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
- Haunted River Tours: Listen to spooky stories from the past while cruising along Hillsborough River on a socially distanced water taxi October 30th from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. 603 Channelside Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
- Scream-A-Geddon: Get spooked at Scream-A-Geddon with their six interactive haunted venues. Open now until November 1st from 7:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets start at $21.95.
- Ybor City Ghost Tour: Listen to scary stories about Ybor City open now until October 31st.
- Raprager Halloween Farm: Go to the annual Halloween farm in the day to experience hayrides, corn pits, pumpkin carving, haunted barns, crop mazes, a scarecrow contest, giants slides, pay forts, haunted houses, animals, face & pumpkin painting, food & more. In the nighttime, the fear festival comes to life with a haunted barn, graveyard, crop maze escape, tarot readings, and a haunted hayride. They will be open every Friday and Saturday starting October 9th for $20.
Happy Halloween from HaveUHeard!
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.