HaveUHeard.com includes links to third-party websites and advertisements for third-party products and services. Product and service-specific opinions mentioned within the content of our blogs are entirely the opinions of the HaveUHeard.com team and its staff. It is our hope that you will find value in the products and services these third-party organizations represent, and patronize these businesses. Such advertising and marketing partnerships help make our efforts at HaveUHeard.com possible. Thank you for your support and ongoing interest. For additional information, please read our full HaveUHeard.com Disclosure Statement
Easier Than ToGo, It Comes To the Door!
Taking time away from studying can be the difference between dinner or a bag of chips and a soda. Sometimes it pays to turn to delivery services. Here are some of the ones we found and what they deliver and/or how they work. Delivery equals easy!
- Amazon – Seriously, what can’t you get from Amazon. By signing up for Amazon Prime as a student, the first 6 months are free and then there is a discounted membership fee for the next 4 years until graduation. Prime membership includes free 2-day delivery, among many other perks.
- DoorDash – More food delivery at your fingertips. Some say it is more efficient than UberEats too. Use the app or the website.
- Eat Street – Delivery and takeout options available. There are delivery fees and a minimum amount that has to be purchased for certain restaurants. They offer features to filter your restaurant results such as order ahead, restaurant-rewards, specials, fast delivery, or try something new – all on the website.
- Eat24– is actually powered by GrubHub. It is super easy to navigate, you type your address in the search they will show you restaurants currently delivering to your area, as well as places that offer pick up. There can be a minimum amount spent, depending on the restaurant. Just enter your address into the website or app and before you know it you’ll have dinner.
- GrubHub – Sign up for their emails and get $7 off your first order of $15+. As well, for each friend you get to sign up you get $7.
- Instacart – For faster shopping and easier checkout, get the app and have groceries, etc. delivered from most of the same places as Shipt, but also includes CVS and Whole Foods.
- Just Baked -This Cookie and Candy shop lets you create the cookie of your dreams. With several options on the menu and additions that can make it your own. The best part is that they deliver to FAU.
- Krave Kitchen– Specific to Boca Raton, Krave Kitchen delivers vegan meals ready to go. All your student has to do is heat it up.
- Postmates – Another app that delivers food, drinks, and groceries. You can choose delivery or pickup. Check their daily deals from your favorite restaurants.
- Seamless – Online ordering and Delivery from your favorite local eateries and chains, powered by GrubHub. Users can earn rewards and coupons for their favorite restaurants.
- Shipt – Get 2 weeks free and $15 off your first order on deliveries from stores like Publix, Costco, Target, and ABC Fine Wines & Spirits. Let their shoppers do what your student doesn’t have time to.
- Uber Eats – The same concept as Uber, but they deliver food. You can track, via the app, when the restaurant is preparing food; your driver is picking up and when they are in route to you. The fee may be a little pricier than most delivery places.
Particularly when they have been studying for hours on end or they aren’t feeling well; it’s good to know that food can be delivered right to their dorm or apartment. My favorite delivery option is probably chicken soup from the Hillel. Just call and give them the name of your sick student and a quart will be delivered, usually within a few hours.
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.