Salad Days Are Here! Love Your Veggies!
When my youngest daughter left for FAU, she was a carnivore. Her last meal at home was a full course Italian meal featuring many of the classics. During her sophomore year, she began to research the health benefits of being vegetarian and made the switch. So more veggies are needed, wanted, and loved!
Whether your student is vegetarian or vegan, there are plenty of options in Boca Raton. Here are our recommendations:
- Raw Juice: Glades road, They serve up smoothies, fresh juices, oatmeal, salads, and a wide variety of acai bowls.
- The Poke Company: Federal Highway. The Poke company serves a wide variety of customizable Poke Bowls. Try the seaweed salad and their homemade sodas to complete the meal.
- Playa Bowls: Palmetto Park, they serve up smoothies, fresh juices, and a wide variety of acai bowls.
- Parlour Vegan Bakery: Federal Highway, Parlour Vegan Bakery offers some sweet favorites such as cupcakes, pastry, donuts, pop tarts, and empanadas made vegan.
- Cinnaholic: 20th street offers up a wide variety of customizable vegan cinnamon buns.
- Purgreens: S Plaza Real, Purgreens features several vegetarian options on their menu. Pure Greens serves organic, health-conscious foods.
- 4th Generation Market and Café: SE 3rd Street, the 4th Generation is an organic market with a café that serves up several vegan and vegetarian options.
- Full Bloom Vegan: Federal Highway, features a full vegan menu including burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads, bowls, and tacos.
- True Food Kitchen – Town Center Mall and new to Boca, True Food Kitchen is primarily about eating healthy but their menu has an abundance of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free items. My personal favorites are their edamame dumplings and their spicy Panang curry bowl (and they mean spicy).
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.