You Really Do Want To Eat More Veggies!
Slowly, but surely, more and more young people are going vegan or vegetarian. I can’t blame them. Veggies are good and good for you. Sometimes the choices on or around campus just aren’t that healthy. So more veggies, please! My daughter was a vegetarian for about two years until she could no longer resist a big, juicy burger. Now she is a vegetarian most of the time with an occasional burger or piece of chicken. Whichever way works for your student; the good news there are plenty of veggies around and restaurants by IU that cater to our vegan Hoosiers.
- Anyetsang’s Little Tibet -This favorite of my daughter and mine is housed in a cute little house which offers Tibetan, Thai, and Indian food, the menu is easily labeled with many great vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
- Bucceto’s Pizza Pasta – This pizza shop has a huge menu with a nice selection of vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Falafels Middle Eastern Grill – This Middle Eastern Grill offers a menu well labeled with numerous gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
- King Dough – A Bloomington favorite has some good vegan/vegetarian options, a favorite being the Vegan Pile Pizza.
- Laughing Planet – Fast and healthy food that includes vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb, and paleo options on the menu.
- Restaurant Ami – This Japanese restaurant has many vegetarian options to choose from.
- Siam House – This popular Thai restaurant offers many flavorful vegetarian options.
- Taste of India – This family-owned restaurant draws locals, students, and faculty alike with many vegetarian options.
- Turkuaz Cafe – This Mediterranean and Turkish Cafe on East 3rd Street offers many reasons for repeat business, vegetarian or not.
- The Owlery Restaurant – (temporarily closed)Vegetarian comfort food at its finest.
- Chipotle – This is not just for meat lovers. In fact, most of the vegans we spoke with are bigger fans than we are (and we are pretty big fans). Check out the sofritas (ground tofu) or a veggie bowl. Guacamole is usually extra, but not with the veggie bowl.
Pass on these great tips, tell your friends and like us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Find out more about how to use HaveUHeard as a great resource. Sign up for other great tips at haveuheard.com.