Freshman Year is a Challenge
The start of freshman year of college can be exciting and nerve-wracking all at the same time. As my time in college is nearing the end, there are definitely a few things I learned along the way that I wished I knew freshman year. Take this advice as someone who has been through it all and can look back and see a better path! Think of me as your future self, it’s not like your parents are telling you this, a fellow student. So listen up.
- Strive for straight A’s
- Join a club
- Go to as many football games as possible
- Make at least two friends in each class you are taking
- Introduce yourself to your professor and TA’s to establish a personal relationship
- Make sure to get along with your roommate, even if you have your differences
- Stay close with your parents and home friends by Facetiming and calling them when possible
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help and use the resources that the school provides you, whether it be tutoring or getting sick at school
- Turn your phone/computer off and pay attention during lectures, take notes the old fashioned way by hand
- Give yourself time to adjust, being a freshman is not easy especially being in a big new environment
- Allow yourself to make mistakes and learn from them
- College is a fun and amazing experience and it’s even better when you attend college in the paradise of Boca Raton.
Attending FAU will be a forever event in your life, make the most of it.